bart947

Your daily dose of news and nonsense from an overcaffeinated, often hungover Z-list radio personality.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

JACK AND KATE...THE GOLDEN YEARS


So, uhm, apparently the Others live in a retirement village? Whatever.
THE SEASON PREMIERE WAS LAST NIGHT...AND I CELEBRATED WITH MY DOGS AND A FEW ADULT BEVERAGES...
OVERALL...I THINK THE EPISODE WAS OKAY. I MEAN, IT WAS MAINLY JUST GREAT TO HAVE KATE AND SAWYER AND JACK BACK IN MY LIFE...AND THERE WAS THE STANDARD "LOST" JAW-DROPPING OPENING SEQUENCE...
THIS TIME WE LEARNED THAT THOSE FOLKS WE KNOW AS "THE OTHERS"...LIVE NOT IN THE HUTS AND CAVES AND HATCHES WE THOUGHT...BUT IN SOME SHADY ACRES TYPE HAWAIIAN RETIREMENT VILLA...
THAT WAS NICE...
BUT IF YOU'RE LIKE ME...WHILE I APPRECIATE THE BACKSTORIES...I'M "MUCH" MORE INTERESTED IN ALL THE CURRENT STORYLINES...WHY ARE THEY ON THE ISLAND? etc?...YOU KNOW...LESS FLASHBACK AND MORE MOVING FORWARD...
AND APPARENTLY I WASN'T THE ONLY ONE WHO NOTICED THE TALKING HEADS REFERENCE...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree! I want to know just how 'the other' know so damn much! It's driving me frelling insane!

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't mind the Lost mysteries being drawn out, but then I didn't mind not knowing who killed Laura Palmer on Twin Peaks for so long. Once David Lynch was forced to solve that mystery, the show turned crappy.

While some back stories aren't that exciting to me on Lost (like Jack's or Michael's), I do like the other ones, like Kate, Sawyer, Eko, Sun and Jin, and most of the rest of them. I like the back and forth between the island and the back stories.

The first five minutes blew me away for the premiere and I want to know how Ben became to be in charge.

Finally, I missed the Talking Head's reference. Please enlighten me! :)

3:46 PM  
Blogger blasengame said...

the talking heads reference? when the new blonde character was playing that "downtown" song at the beginning...she pulled the cd out of a case for talking heads "speaking in tongues" i believe...there's some talk on some of the boards about it.
not that i'm, uhm, a dork or anything....

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah okay, that's what I get for not wearing my glasses when watching Lost. I completely missed it. Most of the Lost boards scare me so I end up staying away. I like discussing the show, but not to the extent of some on discussion boards. I can't keep up with it! :)

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home